I’ve been struggling with the decision about what to write about in my next blog post, while also knowing that I really ought to just do it and stop fretting. I’m not the best personal blogger because I really hate talking about myself. I also have a rule not to talk about works in progress. I also don’t like writing about friends or family because, after all, they never signed up to get written about in the public sphere. It all makes it rather difficult.
It’s been very busy for me the last several weeks. Months, really. I know that I haven’t given myself to catch my breath. I also know that I waste a lot of time when not pulled in multiple directions. Productivity is so much easier when other people are depending on me. Here are five things that have happened since the last time I wrote, and five things that I want to have happen by this time next month. Let’s see how many I can manage!
1. Finished writing latest novel. Successfully defended it for honors.
2. Turned down a full-time, paid internship that I really wanted—without knowing whether I had a backup plan.
3. Received and accepted a job offer to work at a press that I love with people I adore.
4. Emailed editor needing a reassuring hand. Got it. Loved it.
5. Graduated. BAM!
1. Formalize a writing group idea that has been bouncing back and forth between friends.
2. Revise latest novel.
3. Learn all the rules of new job—and execute them successfully while half of the office is away next week!
4. Sit down to work out budget.
5. Begin to read all the books that I was so excited to buy but have since been waiting for my attention—some of them for several years.
Oh, yes, and publish a book! I’ll be reading in NY this summer. Details to follow but I hope some of you can come! I’m so excited about it!